Sunday, October 21, 2007

Inspiration

There's a lot of inspiration out there lately. Ever since we dyed yarn with kool-aid a while back, I'm seeing all kinds of great color mixes in nature that make me want to spend the whole day in the kitchen. I'm going to have to do a green and yellow skein, based on a tree that I saw whose leaves were beginning to turn. It was gorgeous. I also want to do something with colors that remind me of the ocean (this after being in Martha's Vineyard last weekend with the other stinky bitches). It's so beautiful out there right now. I live in a suburb that has a lot of farms, conservation land, and other wooded areas. We have a carpet of beautiful leaves on our lawn and driveway (though I'm sure the neighbors don't necessarily appreciate us leaving them there). I bring my dog to conservation land in Stow, MA, and yesterday and today there were tons of dogs and their people out enjoying the good weather. Oscar played and swam with them for quite a while. It's his favorite thing to do. And I LOVE watching him enjoying himself. Afterwards I went apple picking with a friend, and all the different shades of apples gave me more ideas for color combinations. We bought a bunch of Golden Delicious and Mutsus, and I also bought a pumpkin, some cider, and some warm cider doughnuts. Yum. It was the perfect way to take advantage of one of the last temperate days of the year.

I'm also inspired by my lovely fellow knitters to both write more regularly on this blog and to pick up the pace with my knitting. I've been pathetically slow with it since the beginning of the summer. I just finished the gusset on the second sock of my first pair of socks, and am hoping that I'll cruise through the rest of the sock so I can finally move on to other projects. It will be tough to figure out the order of my upcoming projects. I have to make those wrist bands for my nephew. I found a pattern for knit yarmulkes and I want to make a bunch of them for the men in the family, since last year I gave all the ladies hats. I have more gorgeous sock yarn to use, and of course I still have the yarn waiting to be knitted up into Tempting, Sizzle, and the Somewhat Cowl. Oh, and I also promised my son a pair of "red sox." It would have been nice if he'd had them to wear tonight for the last night of the AL series. Recipients of intended gifts from me will just have to be patient! We'll see how late I can stay up tonight watching the game. Hopefully I'll be able to knit and watch at the same time. Lately I've been making a lot of mistakes if I'm not paying exacting attention to what I'm doing, so we'll see. I'm hoping for good outcomes for my knitting and for the Red Sox!

2 comments:

Macoco said...

You're totally on the home stretch with the socks!

Warm cider donuts????? I am drooling at the thought. Cider donuts are what Fall is about for me.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.