Saturday, September 15, 2007

Budding knitters

I made a little progress on my second sock this week. I would have done more, but I ended up teaching several children how to cast on and do the knit stitch. I was at my sister's house knitting before dinner Thursday (Rosh Hashanah), and all the kids were fascinated and wanted to learn. The youngest was a 5 year old (my neice), who had a lot of trouble, but tons of enthusiasm (though I have to say it got old taking the knots out that she made in my yarn). There were also 2 9 year olds, a boy (my nephew) and a girl (a friend of the family), and a 16 year old (my oldest neice). Everyone was really excited when they saw what they could make by knitting. I had my Stitch N Bitch book with me (the first one), so they all looked through at the color pictures of the projects in the book and got excited about doing one project or another. Of course, the 16 year old picked up the techniques quickest. She wants to make a blanket, though I suggested something smaller for her first project. My nephew asked me to make him a wristband. We decided I would use my orange and red koolaid died yarn with navy for his initials. I'm going to try intarsia for that. His wrist is tiny though. We'll see how it comes out.

We also this week planned a knitting weekend in Martha's Vineyard. I'm taking 4 of my stinkers from Wednesday night SnB, and we're going to knit in our pjs while we drink margaritas! I'm so excited! We might also die some more yarn, and of course we'll drive around the island, have seafood, check out the beach, maybe shop, eat, and eat some more. It'll be awesome. We're all psyched, so now it's just a matter of waiting for that weekend to get here. Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Sarah said...

Way to go teaching the whole family how to knit! I only wish I learned that young.

Ariel said...

Hurrah for spreading the knitting love. Yay you!

Macoco said...

Wow - That's really exciting that you taught some family how to knit!!!!! I can not wait for the margaritas. ;)

Anonymous said...

It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat ppc[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses alternative or not-so-known methods to generate an income online.